Game of Thrones is one of the most popular TV series ever made for not so surprising reasons.
It has drama, suspense, action, complexity, love, lust, hatred, revenge, conspiracy, humor (at times), strong characters, wars, kings, queens, dragons, zombies, and whatnot.
While it may all be fantasy, George R. R. Martin (author) throws in gems of life lessons, wisdom, and inspiration we can take away into our lives.
Whether you’re a big Game of Thrones fan or have never seen the series, these GOT quotes will inspire you.
Here are 17 inspirational Game of Thrones quotes about life, death and everything in between.
1. “Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.” — Tyrion Lannister
2. “The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.” — Ned Stark
3. “So many men, they risk so little. They spend their lives avoiding danger. And then they die.” — Petyr Baelish
4. “Death is so final, whereas life, ahh, life is full of possibilities.” — Tyrion Lannister
5. “The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted.” – Mance Rayder
6. “Everybody dies, sooner or later. Don’t worry about your death. Worry about your life. Take charge of your life, for as long as it lasts.” — Petyr Baelish
7. “A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” — Tyrion Lannister
8. “I grew up with soldiers. I learned how to die a long time ago.” — Ned Stark
9. “The past is gone for good. You can sit here mourning its departure or you can prepare for the future.” — Petyr Baelish
10. “I’m tired of reading about the achievements of better men.” — Samwell Tarly
11. “It’s a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” — Oberyn Martell
12. “When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies.” — Jon Snow
13. “When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.” — Sansa Stark
14. “Every time I’m faced with a decision, I close my eyes and see the same picture. Whenever I consider a question, I ask myself,’ Will this action make this picture a reality?’ [I] pull it out of my mind and into the world … and I only act if the answer is yes.” — Petyr Baelish
15. “Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick, a shadow on the wall. And, a very small man can cast a very large shadow” — Lord Varys
16. “Do what must be done…kill the boy and let the man be born.” — Aemon Targaryen
17. “Love is the death of duty” — Aemon Targaryen; “and sometimes duty is the death of love” — Tyrion Lannister
If you’re a Game of Thrones fan, I hope these quotes refreshed your memories and inspired you to learn from these quotes.
Here’s to one of the most epic TV series ever!