How I Use Positive Affirmations Every Morning To Transform Myself And Change My Reality
Your words have power. What you affirm repeatedly becomes your reality. That’s because words create vibrations. That energy transfers into your sensations, perception, thoughts, emotions, and actions.
When you use morning affirmations, you choose to start your day with a positive frame and a positive state of mind. You become more selective of what you notice and manifest in your world.
It’s not woo-woo or lying to yourself. I’ve covered the science behind why and how self-affirmations work before. I’ve also provided scientific evidence of the benefits of positive self-talk.
Now I want to particularly address that affirmations can help you change your identity. In a study, the researcher said that it’s possible to change one’s self-image through frequent repetition.
If you want to change your life, you need an identity-level shift. You can no longer stay trapped in your identity if you want to become who you want to be. Identity shift doesn’t happen in the conscious mind. It happens in the subconscious mind.
How To Use Morning Affirmations Daily
You can use morning affirmations for success, abundance, confidence, self-love, gratitude, manifestation, or whatever intentions you want to set every day.
Using affirmations could mean speaking out loud or writing them down. You can try both methods and practice the one that you like better. You can also do both if you’re ambitious.
When you’re speaking, say them slowly and loudly. When you’re writing, write them clearly and multiple times, if you can. Doing so lets you switch off your analytical mind. You’re able to register the affirmation and feel its vibration. You connect with your higher self and block your inner critic.
To make affirmations more effective, make them powerful and personal. When you do that, you’ll be able to feel them more intensely, and you’ll also want to repeat them more often. Repetition combined with emotional intensity is the best way to use affirmations.
If you repeat your morning affirmations with emotional intensity, two things can happen:
- If you’re living in alignment with the affirmation, you’ll reinforce that belief to make it more concrete and ingrained in your subconscious mind.
- If you’re not living in alignment with the affirmation, you’ll feel cognitive dissonance because your words don’t match your actions. But if you keep repeating the affirmation every day, you’ll have to adapt your identity in a way that your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors reflect that change.
Morning is one of the best times to use affirmations because your mind is primed for receptivity. If you make it part of your morning ritual, you’re more likely to do it every day. Plus, it sets an excellent start for the day as you take those emotions to the rest of your day.
You can also use affirmations throughout the day, and before sleeping for bonus points. But to keep it simple and consistent, I recommend starting with morning affirmations to make it a habit.
While it’s best to create your own affirmations list, you can still take inspiration from a list of affirmations. The more personalized you can make it, the better results you’ll get.
To create your affirmations list, you can follow the following process:
- List the people you admire and then list the qualities you admire in them.
- Define the best version of you that has achieved everything you want and then list the qualities of that future version of you.
- Take the qualities from both the lists (you’ll probably see some overlaps), and then create present-tense affirmations based on those qualities.
- Keep editing the list as you evolve and grow.
In the end, you’ll have a list of powerful affirmations that’s deeply meaningful to you. Here are a few examples of positive morning affirmations from my list:
- I approve and love myself for who I am
- I am antifragile and limitless
- I deserve abundance and prosperity
- I am confident to express myself freely and creatively
- I take full responsibility but I let go of control
- I am growing, thriving, transforming, and evolving
- I am calm, still, at ease, and at peace in all situations
- I prioritize rest and recovery
- I am devoted to the purpose of my higher self
- I am free and detached
- I am safe and loved
I have many more on my list, but this gives you a gist. I’ll repeat — make your own affirmations list! It’s so much more fulfilling when you craft the words of your affirmations.
Daily Positive Affirmations Can Change Your Life
Affirmations are like seeds in your mind. What you sow repeatedly reap as fruitful rewards in life. When most of your thoughts are negative, all you’ll get are weeds in the garden of your mind.
Just like light makes the darkness disappear, a positive mindset makes negative ruminating thoughts disappear. You don’t need to eliminate darkness. All you need to do is bring in the light.
Each morning presents an opportunity for you to dictate your thoughts, emotions, words, beliefs, and behavior. You have the power to create your ideal future and become your best self when you use morning affirmations every day.